I decided to go “professional” . I added 7 beautiful quotes from Michael to 7 pictures of paintings, and asked a company to print cards from them.
Then i asked my friends across the world to help me spread some LOVE. When they gave me permission i sent them some cards and asked them to leave them somewhere in the world, and then take a picture. They did.
Here are some pictures from all over the world.
Want some cards? Wanna help Spread the LOVE? Just send me an email.
LOVE to you!
* Nina is spreading the LOVE in England. First picture is taken at an art show. She left a card in the Christmas tree. And the second one is from a music store called “Off the Wall”
* Lene is spreading the LOVE in Norway. She added some cards to her Christmas cards, and left a card at a hospital.
* Leen is spreading the LOVE in Surabaya, Indonesia. He left a card under the Christmas tree at his hotel.
* Veronica is spreading the LOVE in the USA. Together with her family, she brings Christmas packages to the war veterans in her community. This year she added cards to those packages.
* Trudi from Germany has a little stone angel called Michael next to her front door. She went on a journey with the cards and two candles ( Thank you so much for creating this candle with my name on it) to the MJ memorial in Munich. She left cards in the train, at her hotel, and of course at the memorial.
* Paula from Australia went on a journey to the USA and left cards all over the place. At the gates of Neverland, at Gardner Elementary, at Forest Lawn and at Julien’s Auction’s House. She left a lot more cards, made pictures of it, but her brand new phone with all of her pictures got stolen at the flower shop on Forest Lawn. I’m sorry you can’t trust people, not even at a flower shop on a cemetery. But i’m glad she made it home okay. Thank you, Paula, for Spreading the LOVE at all those special places.
*Agnes from the Netherlands went for a visit to London, where she stumbled upon the little tents of the people from the Occupy movement in front of the St. Paul’s Cathedral. There she had to leave a card, she felt it was the perfect spot.
She also left a card at the Greenwich Time Clock, where time is made, with the 02 Arena in the background. When she passed that same spot 10 minutes later the card had already been taken.
* Linda from the USA likes to start the day at Starbucks and Michael’s music. She left a card there, thought it was fitting to leave his picture next to a big star. She was also at a doggy park somewhere. I love the statue, so playful
She also has given a card to Susan, her sister in law and asked me to publish this picture with the following words: “Susan has a heart of GOLD – loves our Michael dearly – please pray that Susan beats this Cancer – I know MJ would wrap her in his angel wings and make this struggle go away- but we are his helpers now! God bless!”
* Brenda from the USA is also spreading the love at her local Starbucks.
* Siren from Canada went on a journey to the USA to meet some friends and do some serious Michaeling. She left cards at Morro Bay, in the center of a town called Los Olivos, at the gates of Neverland, at the Glendale Hilton Hotel, at the Chinese Theaters on Hollywood Boulevard, at Forest Lawn ( She found out that all the cards where taken inside to be placed next to Michaels tomb, and that brought tears to my eyes), in the main office of Gardner Elementary School, on Michael’s star at Hollywood Boulevard, at LAX and at Calgary International Airport. I’m so happy she took the time to do this. Thank you, this is pretty special…..
* Candy from Greece translated the quotes from Michael into Greek and wrote them on the back and left the cards at some beautiful places in Greece.
* Remember Paula from Australia? This time she left cards all over her hometown. You can read her beautiful story here… Thank you Paula, you are an amazing wonderful woman. http://www.mjworld.net/news/2012/04/02/messages-of-love/
* Carola from Italy is leaving cards wherever she goes in the Tuscany Region. She left some in a big department store, on a square, in a hotel and at the Castiglione della Pescaia.
* Sylvie from France was with her dance company in Nice for a Dance contest, and left a card in front of this hotel. On August 14 1988, during the “BAD WORLD TOUR” in Nice, Michael has stayed in this hôtel the “Negresco”.
* Siren from Canada keeps spreading the LOVE wherever she goes. This is Halifax Airport, Nova Scotia, Canada.
* The following is Charly’s Angels story. She’s from the USA and here ‘s a picture of the town where this story takes place. There ‘s also a very special hotel in town: The bear Hotel, that’s where the bears from her story live.
Here ‘s Charly’s Story:
When you sent me 16 of your beautiful MJ art cards a few weeks ago and asked me to Spread the Love Your Way, I didn’t have a clue yet about where I would place these little gems in my community. I carried them with me every day thinking that I would probably place one or two here and there as I went about my daily routines of work, shopping and other errands. Funny thing is, for about a week or so, no opportunities presented themselves… until one Saturday as I was driving through town, I noticed that the City’s annual “Bearfest” had begun.
A tradition which started about 5 or 6 years ago, the annual Bearfest features a variety of life-sized bear statues, designed and painted by local artists and placed on the sidewalks in front of stores in the downtown area during the summer months when the tourist season is at its peak. The first few years of this tradition, the bears were auctioned off in September to the highest bidders, with all proceeds going to local non-profit organizations. It was a wonderful fundraiser for many charities in the community, and some of the bears drew bids as high as $20,000-30,000!
As the third year of this tradition ended, it was decided by the “powers that be” that it was time to do something different, and a new plan for other types of downtown displays was quickly put in place. Well… the people of the community loved and missed the Bearfest so much, they responded in droves by writing Letters to the Editor of the local newspaper, expressing their opinions at City Council meetings and appealing to the one who started the whole Bearfest idea 3 years prior – a local bank owner and community leader.
I don’t know exactly what took place in meetings and conversations behind closed doors, but it was clear that the citizens just wanted to see those bears out on the streets of Grants Pass every summer! The ultimate result of all this hoopla is that many of the new owners of the bears that had been auctioned off the first three years donated their bears back to the city so they could be proudly displayed downtown once again. A warehouse was built just outside of town for the storage of these bears and other seasonal downtown displays. It is called “The Bear Hotel” and has become a tourist attraction in and of itself!
So, on this beautiful late spring Saturday morning, I knew exactly where I was going to place your MJ Love cards! I thought, what a wonderful way to Spread the Love from one artist in the Netherlands – her artistic creations and Michael‘s inspired words – placed lovingly on these beautiful bear statues created by other artists in a small town of the Pacific Northwest in the U.S.A.! A Divinely inspired idea, for sure!
I started on the north end of town at the Black Bear Diner where visitors to our little paradise in the Rogue River Valley are greeted by several friendly bears (not part of the Bearfest) that have been sculpted out of tree trunks. Then I made my way downtown to seek out some of the Bearfest bears on which to leave your and Michael’s calling cards.
When I began this pilgrimage, I didn’t intend to use up all the cards in one day, but once I started the mission, I couldn’t stop! I walked all over the downtown area, discretely and quickly placing each card (making sure nobody was watching), then took several photographs of each one before moving on to the next. I wasn’t as discrete while taking the photos because people are used to seeing tourists photographing the bears – I figured they would just think I was another curious tourist!
This album is a picture diary of my quest… dedicated to you, Marjolein, and Michael! I want to thank you for sending me on this amazing adventure!! It was a day I will never forget, for I could feel Michael’s beautiful spirit, and yours, every step of the way. God Bless You, my friend!
LOVE… In Michael’s Name,
~ Char ~
* Just before Summer holiday began i handed out a bunch of packages with cards to my colleagues and asked them to help with the project. Pictures are starting to come in now. I had no idea where the cards were gonna end up. so far Lobke is Spreading the LOVE in Hungary
And Lobke went also to the garden of Peace in Lidice, Tsjechie and left a card…
These are pictures from Wies. She’s spreading the LOVE in the South of France.
Lobke keeps spreading the LOVE, this time in Prague at the John Lennon wall. This wall stands for peace, love and freedom. She thought it would be a perfect spot for a card, and i agree…
Guess what? Ankelien also ended up in Hungary. Here are her pictures.
* Heaven spread some LOVE at Holy Terrace, Forest Lawn, Los Angeles. That is so very special, and to think i’m gonna visit that exact same place next year…
Oh, and she gave a copy of Jacintha Freyling’s book: Different but perfect, to Siedah Garreth, with one of the cards in it. (I designed the cover for that book.)
* Remember Trudi from Germany? She went to visit the MJJ memorial in Munich again and took a card, made a frame with butterflies and flowers on it. She also lit a candle with my name on it. She’s a lovely lady, i’ve never been to the MJJ memorial in Munich but she let’s me feel that i’m right there with her for the second time… Thank you so much.
* Trudi went also on a Holiday and took some cards with her. She left them at a fountain in front of the Johannes Church, and a fountain near city hall, and a very funny fountain in Osnabruck , Also between the roses on the wall of the “Marien Kirche” and last but not least at her beach chair
* Froggy is spreading the LOVE in the USA. She leaves cards when she goes to dinner somewhere or buys something in a store. Thank you girl!
* Remember Sylvie from France? She was in the Netherlands at the MJ Memorial in Best. She was there with William Wagner and despite of all the things she had to do, she found the time to Spread some Love there. Thank you!
* Stefanie, a colleague, was in London and did some Spreading the Love over there and on her way back home in Eindhoven and Apeldoorn.
* Agnes, another colleague, was in Egypt and left a card at the resort she was staying at.
* Froggy keeps Spreading the Love in the USA, this time at the Astro Lounge and that tasty looking burger is making me wanna go there asap
* My friend Teunis travels the world. Every year he goes some place far, far away, and this year he went to New Zealand. He always takes a lot of cards with him to leave behind or give to people. I got used to him never taking any photos, but much to my surprise he just emailed me the following pictures. Like i said before: he likes to hand them to people he meets along the way so i have no idea who the people in the pictures are. But those smiles are great! Thank you Big Brother.
* I visited a friend in Arnhem the other day and couldn’t resist to Spread some love over there. One card of Siren and one of my cards.
* Sandra Spread the Love at Mozelle Valley in Germany. Absolutely beautiful surroundings and what a wonderful place to leave those cards…
She went back a few weeks later and found the photo-frame right where she left it.
* Carol met up with some friends in Virginia, and left a card after lunch.
* Marry from the Netherlands visited the memorial at Best and left a beautiful card at the statue of Michael.
* Betelgeuse from Denmark joined in. She’s leaving cards wherever she goes: In the bus, at restaurants, the grocery store, and the library. Thank you girl!
Thank you all for participating in this project. Michael’s Message on my cards, left behind all around the world… That’s something special… Thank you and LOVE to you!